Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Javier Pastore: I joined Paris Saint-Germain to win titles

The Argentina midfielder revealed that he joined the oil-rich Parisian outfit in order to win some silverware and thanked the fans for their reception at the Park des Princes

Paris Saint-Germain's 42 million euro recruit Javier Pastore has said that he left Palermo for the French capital in order to win trophies.

The 22-year-old spent two seasons with the Sicilian side, netting 17 goals in 79 matches and garnering attention from some of the biggest clubs in the world. The Parisians eventually beat Chelsea in the race for the Argentina international's signature and Pastore expressed his delight at joining the French side.

"I'm very happy to be in Paris. The city is great, and the club is important in world football," he said during a press conference at the Camp des Loges. "I'm also very happy to be in a team with great players. I already discovered Europe by coming from Argentina and I adapted well in Palermo. The club and my team-mates did all they could for my integration."

The former Huracan man went on to say that he appreciated the reception he received from the supporters at the Parc des Princes on Saturday.

"It was very moving. It was just the first match. We are a competitive team, my teammates are the best known players in France," he added. "For me, we are capable of being at the top. I came here in search of titles, I haven't won any important titles, but I'm in football for that."

Pastore also said that he is unfazed by the 42 million euro price tag on his head.

"I have nothing to say about the price of the transfer. It's not a source of pressure. I've had the good fortune to come to a very important club. My program now is to get in shape. I finished the season late because of the Copa America, and I had only 15 days of holiday," he said.

PSG started its Ligue 1 campaign with a surprise 1-0 loss at home to Lorient.

No comments:

Post a Comment