Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Former 'Idol' Jordin Sparks Gets Personal on New Album

Singing star Jordin Sparks rose to fame in 2007 on the popular television show American Idol. After winning the title at age 17 Jordin has scored three Top 10 Billboard Chart hits and appeared in a Broadway musical. Now at 21 Jordin is putting the final touches on her third album.

Many artists who gain fame on the U.S. television show American Idol fade quickly into obscurity. Not so for Jordin Sparks, who defeated thousands of other contestants during the show’s sixth season to become the youngest winner ever. Jordin’s life has been a whirlwind ever since.

“It has been nonstop ever since, it has been a steady rise and really cool," Sparks says. "I am just glad that four or five years later people still want to talk to me and want to hear me sing. It is just awesome … I love being able to do what I do.”

Just getting into the contest was a daunting task. Jordin was rejected by the judges the year before she won the show.

“I auditioned in L.A. [Los Angeles, California] and I was told [by the judges] ‘no’ and I was 16 [years old] so it was fine," recalls Sparks. "I thought there was something that needs to happen and I can always audition next year because I was in the youngest age group at the time.”

No comments:

Post a Comment